When attempting to connect to your data folder from a client terminal, sometimes even though you can see the backoffice machine and select the data path for DD, it will come back in a yellow status saying “Computer Not Found”.
This issue seems to be Permissions/DNS related although typically changing these settings will not correct this error for some reason. Here is a work around that does fix the issue:
- Make sure the back office machine is using a STATIC IP Address. Not DHCP.
- Open Windows File Explorer, Browse to Windows directory.
- Browse to System32\drivers\etc
- Locate the files labeled “HOSTS”
- Right click on the file and select edit.
- At the bottom of the file on a new line enter the IP Address of the backoffice server. Hit the tab key, then enter the network name of the backoffice machine. (ie. xxBO).
- Save and close the file.
- Your digital dining data path box should now appear green and you should be able to connect to data.